Monday, December 5, 2011

numbers - What is the question for which the answer is "This is my third coffee today"?


Duplicate of:
How should I phrase a question that must be answered with an ordinal number (e.g., the third prime)?
Framing a question to which the answer is an ordinal number
How manyth son to your father?
How will I ask this particular question?
How to ask a question to get an ordinal number answer
How can I ask a question with the answer “I'm eating the fourth apple”?
How do you say this in English?
How to ask “nth time” of something
Interrogative form of a sentence
What will be the question for “he is my second son”
How do you convert the sentence “George Washington was the first president.” to a question?
How to frame a question to get answer about the turn that somebody has taken in doing something?
Asking question about position of a person in a list
How do I ask this as a question in English?
A question for this answer







I would like to know: How to ask a question such that the expected answer includes the "nth thing"?



The only way I could do of to do this is by asking:




How many cups of coffee have you had today?





but the answer to that would be, "3", not "This is my third..."

No comments:

Post a Comment