Thursday, April 11, 2019

meaning - co-living and co-evolving





Today I had a thought a problem I couldn't resolve it on my own. I just can't realize what people will think right after they hear others using the word "co-living" and "co-evolving". I mean a particular thought of any specific information that comes to mind once you may hear I say "they have co-lived and co-evolved since then", for example.



Another example I doubt if their use is truly versatile and correct,



Your and my native languages have been co-living and co-evolving for hundreds of years


Answer



Co-evolving is an established word, at least among evolutionary scientists.



Co-living is not an established word.



Cohabiting is such a well established word that it doesn't even need a hyphen, and has the meaning that you might expect from co-living.



Although we sometimes describe a language as "living", it's not clear to me that a pair of languages could "cohabit", however. Try coexisting instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment