Saturday, April 20, 2019

meaning - adjective or comparative adjective for measurements and rates

I was going some through articles about fitness and I encountered these two sentences.





  1. Lifting lighter weights often means you're able to perform more repetitions for each exercise you complete

  2. Lifting light weights won't build muscle mass no matter how much you pump



So I was wondering what is the difference between using light and lighter. Because if I use light for the first sentence and lighter for the second sentence, both sentences will still make sense.



What about these sentences?





  • Running at a higher/high speed is better than running at a lower/low speed.

  • Running for a longer/long distance is better than running for a shorter/short distance.



Personally I would use higher and lower because it sounds better. But I don't know if there are any rules that I should follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment