Friday, September 21, 2018

email - How to wish someone "Happy New Year" in a professional, formal and friendly way



English is my second language. I still struggle with it especially when I have to write a formal email.



I need to send an email to several of my business associates in reply to theirs. It contains some technical explanation related to our project, after which I would like to wish them Happy New Year. What is a professional, formal and friendly way to say this?



Answer



How about




Dear X,



Regarding the explanation of our project bla bla...



And finally,
Wish you and your family a

very Happy New Year.



Looking forward to working with you next year.



Regards,




or





Dear X,



Wish you and your family a
very Happy New Year.



Regarding the project matter for discussion bla bla



Regards,





Either of these should be fine.
The reference to "family" or "loved ones" makes it less formal - but is still professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment