Sunday, October 23, 2016

conjunctions - Usage of that with additional information about the subject



My objective is to combine following two sentences:



A. I assume you have access to the books that you were mentioning.




B. I assume you have those books in digital format.



Possibility 1: I assume you have access to the books (in digital format) that you were mentioning.
I thought of removing double brackets but I think “that” should immediately follow “books”.



Possibility 2: I assume you have access to the books that you were mentioning in digital format. This also doesn't look good.



I think in this case there is an additional information about books - that they are in digital format.




Is there a suitable way to combine both of the above sentences?


Answer



To say, I assume, you have the books or you have access to those books is not very different.



So, "I assume that you have in digital format those books you were mentioning about" or "I assume that you have access in digital format to those books you were mentioning about" will do.


No comments:

Post a Comment