Friday, February 16, 2018

How can I join many adjectives to one word and create a grammatical phrase?




I have to describe an object that is:
a pair of




  • round/rounded earrings,

  • made of wood/wooden,

  • with bosses of brass/brass bossed?




How can I put it in a single statement?



I think that it could be right to say "round wooden earrings with bosses of brass" but I'm not sure, since I'm not a native speaker of English.


Answer



"round wooden earrings with brass bosses" is the most natural way of saying this to the English ear, although you could say "brass bossed round wooden earrings"



My personal thought is it's probably better to put whatever you consider to be the most important features first qualifying them after with the less important ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment