Saturday, October 10, 2015

word usage - Any more+comparitive+than

I heard a person saying, “That place is not any more riskier than this place”. (And it wasn’t about time- like how it has changed from earlier to now) I thought it’s grammatically incorrect to say so.




Anymore can refer to any longer as in “I was doing it but I am not doing it anymore”, or it can be any more with a space like “some more” as in “I have already eaten so much. I do not need any more of it”



But in the context I mentioned earlier it is not about time.



And riskier is already a comparitive and adding more before that makes it incorrect.



This is what I feel but I am looking for an expert answer to know if I am right and if yes, I am looking for a solid explanation as to why it is incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment