Thursday, May 3, 2012

Techniques for easy conversion from passive voice to active voice in the third person

Recently, a scientific paper of mine was rejected. One of the reviewers of my paper commented that I needed to convert the entire paper from a passive voice to an active voice. Currently, I'm using tons of phrases in the passive third person voice such as:




Two different versions of the generalized polynomial chaos finite element method were implemented and tested in this paper.




I know that it's very easy to convert this sentence into the active 1st person plural, since it only requires a minor rearrangement of the words and tenses:





We implement and test two different versions of the generalized polynomial chaos finite element method in this paper.




But I have no clue how to convert a sentence like this into the 3rd person active. What's the easiest way to accomplish conversion from 3rd person passive to 3rd person active?

No comments:

Post a Comment