Sunday, May 6, 2012

punctuation - Should I use a comma in this sentence?

I am trying to teach myself punctuation rules. I have this sentence:





The Disney version generally considered both racist and sexist portrayed the female characters in stereotypical roles and presented ethnically diverse characters with stereotypical features.




I think the sentence needs a comma after sexist and before portrayed. I also think it needs a comma after roles because of what I have identified as a coordinating conjunction. I.e.:




The Disney version generally considered both racist and sexist, portrayed the female characters in stereotypical roles, and presented ethnically diverse characters with stereotypical features.




Did I punctuate the sentence correctly? Is this a coordinating conjunction?

No comments:

Post a Comment