Thursday, April 6, 2017

word order - multiple adjectives used in a sentence

What I'm basically trying to say is "Immoral people that are mentioned (in the previous section of the book)."




1 Immoral people mentioned are...



2 Mentioned immoral people are...




I am confused about which to use between those two sentences. Even though both of them are adjective, it seems to me that "mentioned" explain immoral people, not the people itself, which creates a confusion. I myself would never say "Mentioned and immoral people", so I just cannot find a logical reason to put the "mentioned" in front of immoral as in sentence 2 and regard it as one of the adjectives that describe only the people. However, I don't know if the sentence 1 is correct, since "mentioned" itself is not a phrase, and I am taught that only the adjective phrase with preposition or to infinitive can come after the noun.




Also, here. An instance with an adverb.




3 Immoral people already mentioned are...



4 Already mentioned immoral people are...




When it's mixed up with adverb, it seems even more confusing. I am not sure which is grammatical... Please, give me some grammar rule that governs this type of adjective usage. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment