Monday, February 6, 2017

What is a dramatic word for: very capable and revolutionary



I am searching for a word to describe people who are very competent to the extent that an entire nation can depend on them.




I understood that my country needs ____ economists just like a human needs oxygen.




I want to imply that these types of economists are highly needed because they can take an entire country into progress, and because they are

extremely capable and skilled. Also, I want to use a more sophisticated, literary word that would add artfulness to my writing. Any suggestions?



Also, I know that some people will strongly object it, but I will try, anyways. Can anyone suggest me a better analogy for the second part of my sentence (like...oxygen)?


Answer




Transformative: causing a major change to something..., especially in a way that makes it ... better




A transformative economist would be one who precipitates a major change in how things are done. That would likely (though not necessarily) require creativity, in order to see new ways to do things. It would probably entail being very capable. It is usually used in a positive light.




For your simile, I would look for something that suggests that the economist recognizes and develops some hidden truth. A human needs oxygen to keep on going the way things have always been, but a seed needs water in order to grow into something new.




I understood that my country needs transformative economists just like a seed needs water.



No comments:

Post a Comment