Friday, April 17, 2015

grammaticality - Is "I already have two stamps drawn" grammatically correct?




Is it grammatically correct and is it the right way to say that I have something already made and I'm still doing it, in this case drawing the stamps?



Because as far as I know, 'have' should be after 'I', like this: 'I have already (but what should go there then?) two stamps drawn'?


Answer



The sentence you write should have a different order of words. It should be:



I have already drawn two stamps.



You can use this structure to say that you have completed something, i.e. drawing two stamps. It can imply that your activity of drawing may continue, but its primary use is that of showing completion of an action in the past with results that are visible in the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment