Tuesday, October 1, 2013

capitalization - Should “I” be capitalized or in lower case?











I have serious question here. I just want to know whether to use small or capital letter for denoting I in a phrase. Considering the following example, can anyone help me which of the either one is correct.




Now i want to leave to home.
Now I want to leave to home.



Answer



One of the capitalization rules is, to capitalize the letter "I" when referring to yourself, so it must be capitalized:





In English, the nominative form of the singular first-person pronoun, "I", is normally capitalized, along with all its contractions (I'll, I'm, etc.).




So, it would be:




2) Now I want to leave for home.





as well as:




I'm leaving for home.




N.B. Only "i" when used as a pronoun is capitalized.


No comments:

Post a Comment