Thursday, November 15, 2018

nouns - Which is correct? "I like Ford Explorers" vs. "I like Ford Explorer" vs. "I like the Ford Explorer"

Suppose you are talking about cars, and are asked what car manufacturer's vehicle you like, which sentence is correct or sounds more natural?






  1. I like Ford Explorers, because they are well-equipped.




    (the plural form of a proper noun)



  2. I like Ford Explorer, because they are well-equipped.





    (a proper noun w/o any articles)



  3. I like the Ford Explorer, because it is well-equipped.




    (a proper noun with a definite article)




Here, I'm talking about cars in general, and not about some specific cars in front of me.




I know I must use a plural noun after the verb "like" in a sentence as "I like poodles." for example. But I'm not sure whether I could say just as the same when it comes to a specific model name of industrial products like cars or smartphones.



I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me with this question.

No comments:

Post a Comment