Sunday, December 31, 2017

meaning - Can the word "agitate" be used in a positive connotation?

I came across this multiple choice question, and it's bothering me. I want to be sure before i bring it up with my teacher. Question is below:




Replace the underlined word or phrase(i quoted since i cant find the underline option) without changing the basic meaning or cause grammatical error.



This monument image was designed to "stir up" emotions of awe and respect, but could scarcely evoke feelings of warmth and affection.



A)regulate B)agitate C)tangle D)teem



The provided correct answer is A. The provided explanation is that agitate can mean to move or to stir. I'm pretty sure when used with any emotion the word agitate only have negative meanings. can someone confirm or give an example? My only concern is regarding the usage of the word "agitate". The multiple choice dont need to have an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment