Wednesday, July 11, 2018

grammar - About usage of will




Do you think this sentence is wrong?




  • If you will go there, I will go there too maybe.



http://www.dictionary.com/browse/will?s=t



The will have following menaings.





  1. am (is, are, etc.) expected or required to

  2. may be expected or supposed to



Q1. So, I think the sentence is correct. but i'm not sure.
What do you think about it?



Q2. Should I use the definite article in the title?




About usage of will vs. About the usage of will



Which one is more suitable for the title?


Answer



The conditional sentences type 1 there are 2 clauses: if clause (if + simple present) and main clause (simple future).
so I think we don't need to put "will" in the if clause.
If you go there, I will go there too maybe.
If you say "If you will go there, I will go there too", the sentence has a different meaning: If you are willing to go there, I am willing to go there too


No comments:

Post a Comment